Crimson Leaf LLC

To Create an account: Crimson Leaf Games
The Login has changed PRESS the Log In link below:
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Other games and games-technologies: inspirational reading and viewing
Lucifer
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 9:27:56 AM(UTC)
Lucifer

Groups: Registered
Thousand Parsec is both an open-source game-development platform and a set of games based on that platform.

As of this video, it was about 150k lines of code, of which 50% were C++, 30% Python and the rest a mish-mosh of Other Stuff.

The video mentions several "polished" open-source games, starting at about time 0:18:27 of the video.
Baltar [horrified]: The Imperious Leader is on Gamorray?

Lucifer [twisting the knife]: I wonder what he will say, when he learns that the base on which he is standing is being destroyed by the two battlestars you had within your grasp only this morning?
Lucifer
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:46:21 AM(UTC)
Lucifer

DUST 514 will be a console-based First-Person Shooter integrated with EVE-Online.

DUST 514 Teaser-Trailer

Lucifer [twisting the knife]: I wonder what he will say, when he learns that the base on which he is standing is being destroyed by the two battlestars you had within your grasp only this morning?
Lucifer
#4 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 9:33:07 AM(UTC)
Lucifer

Sid Meier's keynote presentation at Game Development Conference 2010: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 and Part 4. This is The Whole Thing.

Notes by one knowledgeable viewer here.

Spectrum commented on this presentation here.

Spectrum
#3 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2010 9:39:16 AM(UTC)
Spectrum

Groups: Admin, Administrators, GameOp, Registered
Lucifer wrote:
DUST 514 will be a console-based First-Person Shooter integrated with EVE-Online.

DUST 514 Teaser-Trailer

Once you have the graphic engine... <wishfull thinking>

Looks ALOT like Halo
For the graphical version of MegaWars join us at http://galaxicus.com
Lucifer
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2010 6:27:56 PM(UTC)
Lucifer

How to make a cool $2MM+ in one day -- with a sparkle pony

Quote:
[T]his morning Blizzard announced the online sale of a new "celestial steed" for use in WoW. These mounts cost $25 (on top of the retail price plus $15 monthly subscription). ... [T]he queue for their purchase was at least up to over 91,000 people waiting in the queue earlier today. When I took a screen shot, it had fallen to "only" about 85,000.

90,000 X $25 = $2,250,000.

In one day. From one item. In a game that isn't free to play anyway.

Lucifer
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:03:45 AM(UTC)
Lucifer

Chinese Gamers, Unite!

Spectrum
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:27:19 AM(UTC)
Spectrum

WOW I missed that one

Cool

I can only dream
Lucifer
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:44:27 PM(UTC)
Lucifer

MW3/SE is not the only Ancient Game with an ... obstreperous? ... player community:

Computer Harpoon Position Statement
Quote:
As many Harpoon fans are aware, this community has seen some very unfortunate events in its history that have given rise to online flame wars, personal attacks and questions of intellectual property; both between community members and in terms of some copyrighted materials. We hope to see the end of this with the steps we are taking for the Ultimate Edition release and for the future of Harpoon. We want to make it clear that we will not accept non-constructive feedback on our official forums in the future. However well intended or misguided, this has caused harm to the game and the community and we will not allow that to continue.

As far as the User Interface goes and overall game functionality - we really do want useful feedback and ideas. We want databases, scenarios, and artwork. Our new encryption feature will help protect an author's investment in their database work, so that there should be no future concerns about data being stolen or "borrowed". We can also add scenario encryption if need be (ditto for original artwork).

Tom Clancy used the original Harpoon board game, by Larry Bond, in writing The Hunt for Red October. Clancy and Bond also used Harpoon when they collaborated on Red Storm Rising.

Spectrum
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2010 2:06:22 PM(UTC)
Spectrum

Lucifer wrote:
MW3/SE is not the only Ancient Game with an ... obstreperous? ... player community:

Computer Harpoon Position Statement
Tom Clancy used the original Harpoon board game, by Larry Bond, in writing The Hunt for Red October. Clancy and Bond also used Harpoon when they collaborated on Red Storm Rising.

Very interesting
Lucifer
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2010 6:37:13 PM(UTC)
Lucifer

It is clear, now, what we need.

Starbuck and Nostromo have the beginnings of a clue, with music for Warlord, but they are not taking it far enough.

What we really need is ... a Music Video!

(Warning: "The Guild" is kind of raunchy in many places. The music video is, I think, pretty clean, but the series as a whole is ... Not Appropriate for Family Viewing.)

Falcon
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2010 6:48:12 PM(UTC)
Falcon

Groups: Registered, Resistance Forces
LOL

They are hilarious...
Lucifer
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 2:00:12 AM(UTC)
Lucifer

Felicia Day interview

Spectrum
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 3:10:01 AM(UTC)
Spectrum

Lucifer wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

Nope, not your avitar....

If I was only 29, rich and good looking, there is a soft place in my heart for redheads.... Blink
Lucifer
#14 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 12:37:43 PM(UTC)
Lucifer

Pirate's posting reminded me of...

All Your Base Are Belong To Us!

Lucifer
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 1:43:43 PM(UTC)
Lucifer

Mmmm... Heavenly Bodies!

Lucifer
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 11:57:32 PM(UTC)
Lucifer

Starcraft Game Added To Military Officer Training Curriculum, Offers Realistic Leadership Simulation

Starbuck
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:11:13 PM(UTC)
ladyswrath

Groups: Admin, Administrators, ForumAdmin, Registered

LOL Very funny
101 Lady's Wrath
6616 Starbuck, Harbinger of Death
Lucifer
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 1:29:16 AM(UTC)
Lucifer

EVE-online tutorial reworking botched -- scroll or search down for "Second one is".

Quote:
CCP’s looking for feedback on this. I have some. Give ten devs a big stack of Aurum usable in either DUST 514 or EVE. Send them and ten computers to the nearest gaming convention. Offer Aurum in exchange for watching people run through the EVE tutorial. One of the devs sits behind each volunteer, taking notes and answering questions. Where do they stall? Where do they get confused? What questions do they have? And most important, what frustrates them? Bring these notes back to Iceland. Hell, send the devs and the computers to a mall and offer the participants $5 if you have to.

Spectrum
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2012 3:14:11 AM(UTC)
Spectrum

Lucifer;7801 wrote:
EVE-online tutorial reworking botched -- scroll or search down for "Second one is".

ha ha ha awesome!

Lucifer
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:26:14 AM(UTC)
Lucifer

EVE-online machinima: Clear Skies

The movie linked directly from that page is the third of three movies. Links to the other two are on the downloads page.