Crimson Leaf LLC

To Create an account: Crimson Leaf Games
The Login has changed PRESS the Log In link below:
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.

Notification

Icon
Error

I came very close to being amoung the fallen
Merchant2091
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 4:09:40 AM(UTC)
Narwhal671

Rank: Scout

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 309
To anyone interested.
Writing this from the hospital on my daughters laptop.
Monday (7-1-2013) I suffered a pulmonary embolism (blood clot, lodged in lungs).
I may be in the hospital until Sunday.
It was bad enough that walking up 3 stairs physically challenges me as much as attempting to run 100 yard dash as fast as I can.
I came very close to loosing it all.

My full recovery will be lengthy.

Lance
Merchant.
After you've exploited someone,
thank them.
That way, it's easier to exploit them next time.
Spectrum
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 6:25:38 AM(UTC)
Spectrum

Rank: Administration

Groups: Admin, Administrators, GameOp, Registered
Joined: 1/6/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,768
Merchant2091;11875 wrote:
To anyone interested.
Writing this from the hospital on my daughters laptop.
Monday (7-1-2013) I suffered a pulmonary embolism (blood clot, lodged in lungs).
I may be in the hospital until Sunday.
It was bad enough that walking up 3 stairs physically challenges me as much as attempting to run 100 yard dash as fast as I can.
I came very close to loosing it all.

My full recovery will be lengthy.

Lance


DUDE!

I know we are all interested!

I am glad your ok and you let us know.

You will be in my prayers tonight.
For the graphical version of MegaWars join us at http://galaxicus.com
exedore
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 11:25:44 AM(UTC)
exedore

Rank: Emperor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 768
Glad to hear your still alive. You need to lose that weight! Hope you get well soon. I always enjoyed our late night ramblings!
Exedore the Forgotten.
Starbuck
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 11:44:25 AM(UTC)
ladyswrath

Rank: Empress

Groups: Admin, Administrators, ForumAdmin, Registered
Joined: 1/7/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,165
Oh man, get well soon! We miss you!
101 Lady's Wrath
6616 Starbuck, Harbinger of Death
Poleaxe
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 12:25:16 PM(UTC)
Poleaxe

Rank: Viceroy

Groups: Registered, Resistance Forces, Starwolves
Joined: 1/7/2010(UTC)
Posts: 472
Wow. Hang in there, old friend. We're all praying for you to get back as healthy as you can be. You're missed here.
setalon
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:13:01 PM(UTC)
setalon

Rank: Scout

Groups: Registered, The Ancients
Joined: 1/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 35
feel better man....our prayers are with you... I,ll shoot some torps into BK and houston as a tribute:)
----> B K <----
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 4:17:17 PM(UTC)
bija_konja

Rank: Emperor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/2/2011(UTC)
Posts: 129
Get well soon man. You are missed around here for sure!
Sincerely,

BK the immature
Houston
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 6:21:38 PM(UTC)
jpshouston

Rank: Emperor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/22/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,175
Oh goodness my old friend. I pray for your speedy recovery. Hang in there Lance!
Certified Chaotic Evil
Falcon
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:30:54 PM(UTC)
Falcon

Rank: Emperor

Groups: Registered, Resistance Forces
Joined: 3/19/2010(UTC)
Posts: 340
The most hilarious missed encounter we had was when Poleaxe and I (I think it was pole) were orbiting guarding your base waiting for you to come tax it.
All of a sudden we see 2095 on screen and started wailing on him.. Took him out with considerable damage.
As we limped away I saw your ship drop into the system then leave without any clue as to what just happened.

Poor pancho (our own teammate) took the beating and we were so focused we didnt see him telling us to stop!!

Both of your ship numbers being so close always caused confusion..

I've miss your presence for quite awhile now in the game and hope you get back in soon.
We all hope your recovery goes well and is speedy.

Keep us posted.

Poleaxe
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 10:08:49 PM(UTC)
Poleaxe

Rank: Viceroy

Groups: Registered, Resistance Forces, Starwolves
Joined: 1/7/2010(UTC)
Posts: 472
Falcon;11883 wrote:
The most hilarious missed encounter we had was when Poleaxe and I (I think it was pole) were orbiting guarding your base waiting for you to come tax it.
All of a sudden we see 2095 on screen and started wailing on him.. Took him out with considerable damage.
As we limped away I saw your ship drop into the system then leave without any clue as to what just happened.

Poor pancho (our own teammate) took the beating and we were so focused we didnt see him telling us to stop!!

Both of your ship numbers being so close always caused confusion..

I've miss your presence for quite awhile now in the game and hope you get back in soon.
We all hope your recovery goes well and is speedy.

Keep us posted.


You are quite right. I still remember seeing the messages after the fact "Stop, stop, its me!". ROFL
Lance, we need you back!
mac1
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 10:21:40 PM(UTC)
MAC1

Rank: Emperor

Groups: Registered, Starwolves, The Ancients
Joined: 1/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 31
Merchant2091;11875 wrote:
To anyone interested.
Writing this from the hospital on my daughters laptop.
Monday (7-1-2013) I suffered a pulmonary embolism (blood clot, lodged in lungs).
I may be in the hospital until Sunday.
It was bad enough that walking up 3 stairs physically challenges me as much as attempting to run 100 yard dash as fast as I can.
I came very close to loosing it all.

My full recovery will be lengthy.

Lance

WOW...Hope to see you back in the game soon old pal......We miss you!!!!!!!!!!!
shadowspawn
#12 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 9:08:58 AM(UTC)
shadowspawn

Rank: Emperor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 83
Hey Merchant,

Wishing you a speedy, and full recovery! I'm sure you're going to have to dial back your 24X7 work week during your R & R. So you'll have some time to login and at least chat - as Exedore mentioned - it was always fun flying late night and hearing you guys start a dialog. I'd be ROFLMAO :)

Take Care My Friend
Shadow/Steve
Merchant2091
#13 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 6:20:51 PM(UTC)
Narwhal671

Rank: Scout

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 309
Thanks everyone.

I may get discharged from the hospital today.. my clue is that they took me of IV's this morning.

I will find out more when the doctor talks to me

Lance
Merchant.
After you've exploited someone,
thank them.
That way, it's easier to exploit them next time.
Merchant2091
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 1:48:55 AM(UTC)
Narwhal671

Rank: Scout

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 309
I am back home now..
Being in the hospital from 7-1 to 7-5 seems a lot longer then the 5 day time span it was in reality.
My recovery might not be as bad as I was first put in fear of..
I will be limited, but get better maybe a little faster than I first thought.
Just need to avoid stairs, running, sitting long periods of time, cutting myself, or bumping about and bruising myself.
I am told the existing clots are unlikely to move any further, and will (likely) dissolve over time.
Merchant.
After you've exploited someone,
thank them.
That way, it's easier to exploit them next time.
Spectrum
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 6:07:06 AM(UTC)
Spectrum

Rank: Administration

Groups: Admin, Administrators, GameOp, Registered
Joined: 1/6/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,768
That is good news, please be safe.
For the graphical version of MegaWars join us at http://galaxicus.com
Starbuck
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 11:34:35 AM(UTC)
ladyswrath

Rank: Empress

Groups: Admin, Administrators, ForumAdmin, Registered
Joined: 1/7/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,165
Merchant2091;11894 wrote:
I am back home now..
Being in the hospital from 7-1 to 7-5 seems a lot longer then the 5 day time span it was in reality.
My recovery might not be as bad as I was first put in fear of..
I will be limited, but get better maybe a little faster than I first thought.
Just need to avoid stairs, running, sitting long periods of time, cutting myself, or bumping about and bruising myself.
I am told the existing clots are unlikely to move any further, and will (likely) dissolve over time.


Glad you are back. That must have been a scary episode.
101 Lady's Wrath
6616 Starbuck, Harbinger of Death
Pilot
#17 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2013 1:18:58 PM(UTC)
Rank: Scout

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/30/2010(UTC)
Posts: 60
Best wishes Merchant!
Zapp Brannigan
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:45:35 PM(UTC)
Rank: Scout

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/29/2011(UTC)
Posts: 78
Merchant2091 wrote:

I came very close to loosing it all.

My full recovery will be lengthy.

Lance


This is very sad news, I hope your recovery is easy, and glad you're still around!
Telkar
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:25:01 PM(UTC)
Rank: Scout

Groups: Registered, The Ancients
Joined: 2/13/2011(UTC)
Posts: 42
I wish you a full recovery. My prayers are with you.
We usually were opponents, but I always respected you.

YOU are a worthy opponent! I would love to fly WITH you some day.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.